Friday, January 19, 2007

Truth or Dare- Jimmy Carter In the Hot Seat

President Carter has been harshly criticized for his recent book, entitled, “Palestine Peace Not Apartheid.” It is alleged, that he had faulty research, mischaracterized the facts, and stole the story ideas of colleagues. This seems a little far-fetched for me to believe.

He is a former President of the United States, Nobel Peace Prize Awardee, New York Times best selling author, a prolific writer, Founder of the Carter Center, World Statesman, Negotiator and Peace Mediator, and well respected American Citizen. Why, in the prime of his life and career, would he write a “bad” book now? A book that does not represent who he is as a credible observer of the forces, factors, and players in the Middle East and an active participant in the regional affairs.

I traveled to Israel / Palestine on two occasions.: first in 2004 and again in 2005. My life was profoundly and radically changed from my journey there. The issues are complex, interconnected, long-standing and clouded in ancient tribal intricacies. The Israel / Palestine story needs to be told and told over and over until the international community, including the United States get it: the occupation must end.

Perhaps, more to the point, I do not want to believe these allegations. He represents to me the last of the great statesman of our times. The thought of him writing a book of falsities and inaccuracies, troubles my soul and disturbs my spirit.

Not even the best of men, like President Carter, with all their passions and actions can resolve this conflict. I believe that Mr. Carter is one of the best Ambassadors of Peace on the planet. However, the ripple in my spirit, reminds me that I can not believe in anything outside of my own inner being. I must hold firm to my faith and belief in God. God, help me to be still and hear your voice clearly in the midst of all the chaos and death. Even my own voice must be silent to hear God’s voice. Reveal the truth in this conflict-occupation, so we may all be set free.


I would like to share with you some of my photos from my past visits. (This may take a few moments to load)


This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog

4 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The story of the occupation must be told. Carter is brave for doing so. He's life may not be safe for telling this truth

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you explain how Israel has been alllowed to expand and expand over all these years... Is there any end in site? How much longer should America support thier actions??

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe President Carter told the truth. Not everyone wants this truth to be told or believed. What an indictment against humanity???

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carter was the worst president in american history inflation out of controle speeches that put down america the guy should leave and never come back! We need not talk about the Chriastian children that got cought up with the fall of the shaw after cater pulled all funding out of Iran and said free the priasoners that are true freedom fighters after they raped and burned the christian kids alive I mean why not. god can't hear the screams of none moslims!
Nobel peace prize what a joke!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home